Widget By Devils Workshop

[PanicZone] Hello

 

I just joined this group. My name is Steve an I'm a 62 year old male. I live in central Florida in the USA. I have suffered from anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and agoraphobia for over 30 years. I have been in pretty good control of my problems up to about a year and a half ago. About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had surgery and a dose of radioactive iodine which I tolerated very well. About 6 months after that I had a PET scan which showed I still had thyroid cancer. I turns out the original surgeon only remover half my thyroid. I then underwent a much more invasive surgery to remove the rest of my throid along with cancer that was in tissue in my neck. I then underwent another dose or radiative iodine. I also lost my voice which was repaired in another surgery. I tolerated all this very well. A year later or two years ago a scan revealed some possible additional cancer in the thyroid area and I underwent another dose of radioactive iodine. About a year and a half ago a developed severe anxiety along with agoraphobia which has improved a little but I am still fighting it. Through the years I have tried many medications but most cause anxiety. I tolerated Zoloft for many years but stopped it about 6 years ago because I felt I didn't need it any longer. A year ago I tried it again but developed very bad anxiety. I take a low dosage of Klonopin which helps somewhat. I've been seeing a psychologist weekly for about 6 months and have been seeing a psychiatrist for many many years mainly for medication.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (113)
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop