Widget By Devils Workshop

[PanicZone] New Here and Need Help

 


Hi,

I am new here and need your help.

I have problems anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD, and
GAD. I also have physical issues whereas I had to have my Thyroid gland
destroyed with radiation due to the fact I had such an overactive thyroid gland
( Grave's disease). I also have a diagnosis of Carcinoid syndrome ( for the past
10+ ) years.

Here is the problem, my endocrinologist has had me on Klonopin 2 mg and it has
helped a lot with the anxiety issues but the last time I saw him ( after 14
years as a patient) things went very well, I was always regarded as a pleasant
lady in his notes, never any issues with non compliance etc. He had already
ordered tests for me and to be seen again in 6 months but less than 2 weeks
later, I received a registered letter stating that he would no longer be
providing me with medical care. I called to inquire and the Office Manager said
the reason for my dismissal was simply that he felt that I would do better
seeing another Endocrinologist. I asked if it was my insurance ( I have medicaid
and started out years ago with very good insurance) but she insisted " NO, it
was not". She kept telling me that she would give me the number to the Medical
Society in my area to help me locate another Dr, NOT affiliated with their
facility. She asked, Didn't you read the letter? " when I said it was so vague
as to my understanding the reason why. It simply stated he would no longer be
providing medical care, that WE feel it is in your best interest to your health
as well as ours that you find another Doctor. The Office MGR wouldn't let me get
a message to him or anything. After 14 years, " Nothing" He has always been very
kind and concerned about my care. I don't understand what is going on.

Now, I have to find another Dr. ( which i have tried and there is no other
Endocrinologist who will take my insurance). I even told them I would pay cash,
no can do. I am stuck on Thyroid replacement hormones as mine is completely
destroyed and I don't have one now, can't live without one, so even though the
Synthroid doesn't make me feel as well as I did before all of this, I need it
and I need the Klonopin to help me stay as stable as I can as I can not function
at all without anything. I do have refills that he gave me on my last visit but
when they run out, I am afraid I won't be able to convince another Doctor as to
why I need these medications as I am afraid they will think that I am a drug
abuser or drug seeker. I have been on 2 mg of Klonopin twice a day for the past
years but I cut it back myself about a year ago to 1 mg twice a day and to start
with it was tough but I have managed quite well with the 50% cut. I with I
didn't need anything but I do need something, so WHAT CAN I DO?
The fact that I have cut it by 50% and have never taken any more than prescribed
should show that I am no trying to abuse anything.

I see a Psychologist but no one to prescribe anything like that as my Endo
always did.

Meanwhile I am in a relationship that is a strain ( it's not him, it's the
circumstances of the family), well with all of this and now that my family is
having a lot of health issues, in and out of hospital my OCD is kicking back in
big time.

The redoing of things, checking things, colors, intrusive thoughts, feelings of
guilt as far as SIN and praying over and over ( scrupulosity) I mean I do pray
and I know the difference, I am sincere when I pray but I do it over and over
and with all of these issues I am driving myself mad.

Does anyone have any opinions that may help?

Sorry for all of this, but this is the worst situation I have ever been in and
not only emotionally but physically, it is causing so much stress that I my body
is really suffering with fatigue and all of the things that goes along with
autoimmune diseases.

Thanks

Vicky

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop