Widget By Devils Workshop

[PanicZone] More on surgery and recovery; day1 and day2

 

So here's more; I called transportation Wednesday afternoon to book my
ride and these people calls me Wednesday evening to tell me they
couldn't find a ride for me, that they were still looking, call them
between 4 and 5 A.M Thursday morning to see if they got me a ride. I
was so pissed I turned off the music, turned off the tv, threw myself
on the bed and tried to sleep it off but couldn't. I was having these
racing thoughts in my head of how I was gonna get to surgery cause I
didn't wanna cancel out since it took me 2 months to get scheduled for
this and I really wanted this to be over. So I told Fred f--- this,
we're gonna catch a cab with the little bit of money we have and thank
goodness it was only 25 dollars and the driver charged us 20 to get to
the hospital. So I gets up at around 4 A.M and check on these people
to see if they got a ride for me; no luck. Called again at 5, still
no luck. I got mad and punched my cell to hang up, turned it off,
said come on Fred let's catch this damn cab. So we were out the house
by 5:30 and we got the cab and I was there by 6; we were there before
the clinic even opened up; we had to sit in the lobby until they
opened up. So I gets all prepped up; here comes the anesthesiologist
with the I.V, the nurses asking me the same questions over and over,
and lastly came the surgeon. I asked him if I would have a bandage
over my ear he said yeah. I then explained to him I'll need help with
the dressing and that my mom's not here to help me like she did the
last time. So he asked could I come in first thing the next day. At
first I said yeah, but I thought about it and something in my mind
said "Chris, you better tell him before he leaves, let him admit your
behind in the hospital." So I asked him could I be admitted cause the
other option didn't make sense to me since I was already having
trouble with transportation and I had no more money left to catch
anything else. So he agreed to admit me. Then I asked him if it was
ok for Fred to stay the night with me he said the hospital didn't
allow it so I had to let him go before I was taken to the O.R. They
got him transportation to go home and by the time I woke up in
recovery he was gone. In recovery my throat was so raw; I mean they
must've shoved the tube down my throat after I stopped breathing from
anesthesia. I couldn't talk; they really partied on my ear and
throat. Then I was sore from the neck down like I had a workout or
something. I don't know if it was the bed or the way they lifted me
from O.R to recovery. I told you about the smoke alarm thing so um...
yeah. So Friday the doctor (not my surgeon but the resident) came to
me late that morning. I psyched myself because I thought I wasn't
going home due to Good Friday. Ha I got fooled. He came in and I was
knocked out from 2 tylenol 3's and he kept calling me to wake up. So
I woke up finally after 3 calls of my name and he said, "This is Dr.
Patell from Dr. Jyung's office." How you feelling? I said uh huh.
You wanna go home? I said uh huh. Will write more.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop