Widget By Devils Workshop

Re: [PanicZone] hello

 

Christina, I picture a bright red stop sign and its shape when I can't fall asleep. With practice it stops the racing thoughts and I'm able to relax and fall asleep.

Andrew

________________________________
From: Christina Mitchell <cnaylor073@gmail.com>
To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [PanicZone] hello

Do you know of this technique called stop? It's done by repeating the
word stop to yourself as many times as necessary whenever you feel
anxiety coming on. Then you do the deep breathing followed by some
positive statements; "I'm gonna be ok", "This is only anxiety and it
will pass", something along the lines. Ask your therapist about it;
mine has told me to do it and I feel better after I do it. Hope this
helps.

On 2/26/11, jenmail2002uk <jenmail2002uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I havn't had a panic attack in years but I still suffer from anxiety.
> It really won't go away.
> At the moment I'm not sure if the way I feel is because of anxiety of
> something else.
> I feel irratated a lot and stressed and I can't relax. I bought a book to
> help me recently but as always its mostly for O.C.D or panic attacks.
> I've started to try and do mroe yoga and that has helped in the past, I
> would love to just ahve a calm and relaxed day. As it is even the smallest
> thing can irratate me and put me in a mood.
>
> It all started when I had a panic attack in a school assembly abotu 8 years
> ago. I didn't find out it was a panic attack for years when I seen it on tv.
> I was diagnosed with stress! Later I went back to the doctors ill again and
> they said i was suffering from anxiety. These days I can only blame anxeity
> for the way I feel and hope it goes away.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Cognitive Behavior Therapy worked to help my panic attacks, deep breathing
> and yoga.
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop