Widget By Devils Workshop

Re: [PanicZone] Re: Panic Disorder Spiral

 

Thanks guys. My panic was really bad last night and I'm at my wits end so I decided to increase my Lexapro from 10 to 15 mg. The psych NP who prescribes my meds has told me that I could increase it at any time if I feel like I need it. I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm feeling kind of depressed about having to do this though like somehow its giving up.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Brent Mast" <bdmast85@gmail.com>
Sender: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:54:41
To: <PanicZone@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [PanicZone] Re: Panic Disorder Spiral

Hey Nicole.

I have a prescription for Hydroxyzine (brand name Vistaril). It works pretty well for sleep. They use it in drug rehab for sleep because it has low dependency risk.

I struggle with sleep also. Hope it gets better soon,
Brent

--- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, Ronnie B202 <ronnie.b202@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Nicole,
>
> I get anxiety related insomnia quite often as well, and know what
> you're going through.
>
> If at all possible continue to avoid Ambien and Xanax, as they can
> cause profound dependence if used_daily_, and also they can cause
> anxiety in some people.
>
> The antihistamine Benedryl is quite safe and effective, with no risk
> of dependence or anxiety, but sometimes it just stops working. You may
> want to try another safe antihistamine called Hydroxyzine, (OTC (in
> the States) in certain Unisom(sp) tabs). I'm sure a Dr. would RX it
> for you if you can't get it OTC, as it is just as safe as Benedryl.
> Then you could switch back to the Benedryl when the Hydroxyzine stops
> working, and so on, as I do.
>
> I also use very soft classical music on a loop all night, it's very sedating.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ron
> --





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop