Widget By Devils Workshop

[PanicZone] Re: Friday night

 

He was really good! Sounded just like Elvis!

--- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Smith <insultedprincess08@...> wrote:
>
> I think Mom heard about Elvis's death in the car on the way home.  It would be
> verry cool to listen to the impressions your friend did!
>
> Mel
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: tangibletreasure <tangibletreasure@...>
> To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sun, October 31, 2010 12:37:56 AM
> Subject: [PanicZone] Re: Friday night
>
>  
> I was 17 y/o in 1977. I was working nights in the mail-room of our local
> newspaper. I was going to school during the day. When Elvis died I remeber what
> a big thing it was. There was a guy at work who could do perfect Elvis
> impressions.
>
> --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Smith <insultedprincess08@> wrote:
> >
> > Kevin,
> > I was born in 1977 (came home from the hospital the day Elvis died) but my dad
>
> > was older, so I remember some things from back then.  My favorite car is a 69
>
> > Nova SS, because that's what my dad raced at the track.  I love Abba (the
> >Winner
> >
> > Takes it All), and about every six months or so, my niece and I get out a
> > shoebox & make petrocks with their own little houses (so much cheaper and more
>
> > fun then Littlese Pet Shops!).  Martin and Rowan's Laugh in Rocks & Danny
> > Bonaduci from the Partridge Family is awesome.
> >
> > I miss Station Wagons and CB radios.  I remember when cable tv first came out
>
> > (in 1981, 82?) And microwave ovens!  I also REALLY miss wall panelling,
> >Rainbow
> >
> > Bright, the Smurfs, and Tom and Jerry.
> >
> > My mom still owns one of the original Mortimer Mouse reels.  (Remember when
> > Mickey was Mortimer, and a giant jerk?  Remember life before VCRs when you
> > actually had to thread the reel to watch a movie?)
> >
> > I miss the old desk style phones, with rotary dial.  We NEVER lost the phone
> > with a 100 ft cord attached to it, and Mom always knew if we were sneaking it
> > into our bedrooms!  And if you fell asleep anywhere near it, you woke up
> > mid-heart attack when it rang in the middle of the night!
> >
> > We used to watch Hee Haw every Friday Night, and Wrestling.  (Isn't hard to
> > believe that my dad and his grandkids watched the same franchise tv show?) 
> > OMG!  I almost forgot the Dukes of Hazard.
> >
> > Finally, I miss not having anything to do but play with my sister and brother,
>
> > stretching our imaginations.  Now, children feel down right abused, if they
> > don't get at least an hour of computer time a night.  Then, the coolest thing
> >in
> >
> > the world was a new deck of cards, because everyone knew how to play Rummy, and
> >
> > we'd spend hours doing just that (helped with our young math skills, to!)
> >
> > Lol.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
> > Mel
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: tangibletreasure <tangibletreasure@>
> > To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 9:45:30 PM
> > Subject: [PanicZone] Re: Friday night
> >
> >  
> > I remember that song. It was fun! Remember the fun times!
> >
> > You and I are about the same age. What else do you remember from back then?
> >What
> >
> > did you like to do? Did you have a favorite pet? a hobby? what were your
> > favorite 70's tv shows?
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, kykysmom@ wrote:
> > >
> > > I've always wanted to do it.
> > >
> > > Remember the 70's song "the strea".
> > >
> > > Could b me
> > >
> > > I've been to topless and naked islands.
> > >
> > > Love it
> > >
> > > This year in southern md in jan. Bbbbrrrrrrr I am doing the polar bear
> > plundge.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what that is ?
> > >
> > > Nobody to anyone
> > >
> > > Jackie
> > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: "tangibletreasure" <tangibletreasure@>
> > > Sender: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
> > > Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 00:34:58
> > > To: <PanicZone@yahoogroups.com>
> > > Reply-to: PanicZone@: [PanicZone] Re: Friday night
> > >
> > > What?.. Streaking!!.. Heck is that comming back?.. It was popular back in the
> >
> > >mid 70's when I was a teenager.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> > >
> > > --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, "growgirl1" <growgirl1@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Very loud and very cold. We won! Go Falcons!! Woot! Woot!
> > > > Then some kid ran naked across the football field! LOL
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, "tangibletreasure" <tangibletreasure@>
> > >wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi Michelle,
> > > > >
> > > > > Awesome, thats really neat! How did the game go?
> > > > >
> > > > > Kevin
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, "growgirl1" <growgirl1@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I went to the last high school football game of the season tonight.
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop