Widget By Devils Workshop

Re: [PanicZone] Re: My Story

 

Mel,
Why do you think you are holding back in your thearpy sessions so much?
Doyou think if you let your thpist know everything , you might be able to get in touch and feel better? I am just curious, but yes, guilt is terrible, it can eat you up....
And I have that a lot...
L

--- On Wed, 9/29/10, Melissa Smith <insultedprincess08@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Melissa Smith <insultedprincess08@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [PanicZone] Re: My Story
To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 8:38 PM

 

Lauren,

It's weird that you mentioned quilt.  That's the same word my theropist used

today.  We were talking about why I am the way I am, and we almost touched on my

past.  She said that I seem to have a lot of issues with shame and guilt.

Mel

________________________________

From: Lauren Fabbri <laurenfabbri@yahoo.com>

To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Wed, September 29, 2010 7:28:19 AM

Subject: Re: [PanicZone] Re: My Story

 

M,

Thanks for sharing your story - and I am sorry that you had a rough time in your

childhood...

That is so werid about my situation, I think my anxiety comes from the other

direction.

Being the first born in my family, oldest of four my parents had big expectaions

for me...and I always felt like I was letting them down and I have a terrible

amount of guilt...about everything, always trying to be the perfect

mom/wife/daughter....

My upbrining in other eyes, even my own, was pretty darn good w/ loving family

parents, siblings, but I was always under a microscope always had a very early

curfew, etc...so I mean, I was raised by strict parents and I think that the

"Fears" they placed on me....about everything, the world being unsafe, unsafe to

drive, unsafe to go certain places, has placed a huge issue over my head, and

perhaps it's where my anxiety comes from....just not sure....

thanks for sharing!

L

--- On Tue, 9/28/10, joe dinardo <jjfearless@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: joe dinardo <jjfearless@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: [PanicZone] Re: My Story

To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com

Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 11:48 PM

 

rode the highway tonight   "life is a highway

im gonna ride it..all night long'

and far as the side effects..

dont have a prob with libido on it,,

no real side effects..

it just doesnt work..

i need to get out ..and fight it.

sposed to help depression..

this pill does squat..

....nothing like getting out and

...etc.

________________________________

From: Farrah <groovergirly@yahoo.com>

To: PanicZone@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 8:44:44 PM

Subject: [PanicZone] Re: My Story

 

Thanks Michelle. You too!

--- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, "growgirl1" <growgirl1@...> wrote:

>

> Welcome Farrah!

> I'm Michelle. Unlike you, I am very new to the panic and anxiety. Blindsided me

>

>one day at work. Talk about weird!

> Anyhow, this group has been so welcoming and supportive that I am sure you will

>

>feel right at home here. I do.

> Good luck on your quest for answers.

> M.

>

> --- In PanicZone@yahoogroups.com, Farrah <groovergirly@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi My Name is Farrah and Im 33 years old and  live in  AZ. I am one of the

>lucky ones that have had anxiety my whole life :) Woohoo :)  About 10 years ago

>I experienced my first Panic attack and during this time I was involved in a bad

>

>relationship. Things got really dark for me but I ended up pulling through it.

>Even though I was terrified of taking meds I  was desperate and after a few

>tries I got on Effexor and it pulled me out of the dark and into life again. I

>ended my nasty relationship, Got a new job and a year later started dating a

>great guy which is now my Husband. I got off the Effexor 2 years ago  because I

>felt I didnt need it anymore plus I was on the lowest dosage every other day for

>

>awhile. We just bought our first home last Nov and life was great and yes still

>anxious about things but no " severe episodes".. then about 5 months ago I was

>driving across town by myself on the freeway and I had a panic attack( I thought

>

>that there

> > was an accident up ahead and freaked out) . A week later on the freeway I had

>

>another one which was even stronger then the one before which sent me into a

>frenzy. Since then I have had problems driving far away from home, I read books,

>

>educated myself to know that you are not supposed to fight it but face and

>accept it etc( which I never knew before) and it helped alot to where  I could

>at least drive to and from work ( which is still hard somedays) . To make a long

>

>story longer.. :) At this point I know that Panic wont hurt me and learned some

>good tools ( breathing, facing etc) but im still completely afraid to do

>exposure therepy and take things to the next level. I do not want to take

>medicine because a huge part of me still thinks I can do it on my own and Im not

>

>in as dark of place where I was before. Not to mention I HATE taking any kind of

>

>medicine. So yes there are some details that im leaving out but that is the Jist

>

>of my situation.

> > There are no support groups close by and with the driving situation it limits

>

>me so I am here online. Just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced the

>same " stuck " problem that I have. I feel that ive come along way on my own but

>

>still have a long way to go. Im tired of being afraid of this silly little fake

>alarm inside and want my life back and some.

>

> >  

> > Hope you are still awake after all that :)

> >  

> > Thanks

> > Farrah

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

> >

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
The only thing that can happen when I
have a panic attack is that it will pass
whether it passes quickly or slowly
depends whether I drop the idea of it
being dangerous or not.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Widget By Devils Workshop